These are the cutest, edible festive hats 😍🎅✨
80g coconut biscuits
40g margarine, melted
500g plain full cream yoghurt
100g NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
60g NESTLÉ Milkybar Original
2 tsp gelatine powder
Fresh strawberries, washed and dried, stem and leaves removed
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Line a mini muffin tray (24 holes) with mini cupcake liners.
2. Add the biscuits to a large resealable bag and crush them using a rolling pin. In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed biscuits with the melted margarine and stir to combine. Divide and press the biscuit crumbs firmly into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Refrigerate until needed.
3. In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Add the yoghurt and NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk and whisk to combine.
4. Microwave the yoghurt mixture on high for 2-3 minutes. Stir rapidly and place back in the microwave for another 1½-2 minutes, stirring again until creamy and smooth in texture. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure not to overcook the mixture as then it will be grainy. We used a 900W microwave. Cook ½-1 minute longer if using a microwave with a lower wattage.
5. Break the NESTLÉ Milkybar Original into small pieces and sprinkle it into the hot yoghurt mixture. Stir until melted and dissolved.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine powder. Mix with a fork and allow to bloom for 5 minutes. Microwave the bloomed gelatine for 20-30 seconds until melted and stir it through the cheesecake mixture. *Chef’s Tip: Do not allow the gelatine mixture to boil!
7. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners, filling each to the top and refrigerate overnight to set.
8. When the chocolate ‘cheesecakes’ have set, remove from the fridge and transfer them to a serving platter. Garnish each cheesecake by piping a layer of whipped cream, topping with an upside-down strawberry to create a Christmas hat, and finishing off with a dusting of icing sugar. Complete each with a small dot of cream piped onto the tip of the strawberries. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/