👆 Foodie fam you asked us how to make the perfect pork belly, and we heard you! Watch this video to find out how to prepare the most epic roast 🤤 This recipe is perfect to feed a crowd and will definitely have you looking like a pro in the kitchen. We’ve got all the hacks and tricks to make sure your pork belly comes out perfectly!
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 (900g) SPAR Tender & Tasty Smoked Pork Belly Roast
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground fennel
1½ tsp ground coriander
4 SPAR Freshline Carrots, peeled
10 SPAR Freshline Baby potatoes, peeled
2 SPAR Freshline Onion, peeled
Fresh herbs, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare the SPAR Tender & Tasty Smoked Pork Belly Roast by patting the exterior dry with paper towel. *Chef’s Tip: Ensuring the skin is dry will result in a crispy crackling!
3. Using a sharp knife, carefully score the skin diagonally while taking care not to cut through the meat. Combine the salt, pepper, fennel and coriander in a small bowl and rub the seasoning generously over the meat and skin and set aside.
4. Cut the carrots, potatoes and onion into large chunks and place in a baking tray. Place a wire rack over the vegetables, then place the prepared pork belly on the wire rack and cover with foil.
*Chef’s Tip: The delicious pork drippings will season the vegetables!
5. Roast the pork belly for 55 minutes. Remove the foil and pat the skin with a paper towel until dry, then turn the temperature up to 240°C on grill. Transfer the tray back to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, uncovered, for the skin to crisp.
*Chef’s Tip: The roast is cooked when the meat is fork tender
6. Remove the dish from the oven and allow the pork belly to rest for 10 minutes to retain the natural juices of the meat and keep the pork moist. Transfer the pork belly to a cutting board and cut into thick slices. Sprinkle freshly chopped herbs to the vegetables.
7. Serve the pork belly and vegetables with applesauce and gravy and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa