The Fudgiest Frosted Brownies EVER MADE, Live with Anna Olson! What a better way to celebrate summer then with the definitive brownie recipe! Join Anna Olson as she shows you how to make the best brownies ever!
Subscribe for more video recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
Makes one 9-inch (23 cm) pan
Cuts into 24 brownies
Prep time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
¾ cup (175 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
8 oz (240 g) bittersweet or semi-sweet couverture baking chocolate (chopped or in callets)
1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
4 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup (75 g) all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp (22 g) cocoa powder (Dutch processs is ideal)
½ tsp fine salt
Boiled Fudge Frosting
4 oz (120 g) bittersweet or semi-sweet couverture baking chocolate (chopped or in callets)
½ tsp fine salt
½ tsp instant espresso powder (optional)
¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) 2% milk
¼ cup (60 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Lightly grease and line a 9-inch (23 cm) square pan and line it with parchment paper so that the paper comes up the sides.
2. Melt the butter completely and while still hot, pour it over the chocolate placed in a large mixing bowl. Let this sit a minute, then gently whisk it until the chocolate has fully melted. If there are still unmelted pieces of chocolate, the whole mixture can go back into your butter pot on the stove, gently stirring over low heat until smooth, or melted in the microwave).
3. Add the sugar and whisk in, and then add the eggs one at a time, whisking gently but thoroughly after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt overtop of the chocolate mixture (or in a separate bowl and then add) and gently whisk in. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre comes out with crumbs on it (but not wet batter). Cool the brownies on a cooling rack in the pan until room temperature.
5. For the frosting, have the chocolate, salt and espresso powder (if using) measured (together is OK) and handy. Bring the sugar, milk and butter up to a full boil over medium-high heat while constantly whisking. Once a full boil has been reached, set a timer for 45 seconds and boil while whisking, or use a candy thermometer and boil until 225 °F (107 °C) is reached. Remove the pot from the heat and quickly whisk in the chocolate, salt and espresso powder and as soon as the mixture is smooth, pour and spread this over the brownies – it will start to set quickly, so you truly do need to be quick here. Allow the frosting to set for 2 hours before slicing.
NOTE – using semisweet vs bittersweet (70%) chocolate
– don’t aerate eggs by whisking vigorously
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
Follow Anna on social media:
Anna’s Official Website: http://annaolson.ca
– Follow Oh Yum on…
Official Oh Yum Website: https://ohyum.tv
#Live #Brownies #OhYum