OPEN for ingredients! This is the sauciest, creamiest and easiest Salted Egg Yolk Chicken you will ever make!
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken is a beloved Singapore and Malaysian zi char restaurant/hawker dish of fried chicken bites slathered in a creamy, sweet and savoury salted egg yolk sauce. This is also so incredibly easy to make at home. I used chicken here, but this recipe works with squid and prawns as well. I made a Salted Egg Yolk Calamari a while back, and this recipe is even easier to make!
- 300g Chicken, cubed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 3 tbsps Cornstarch, or enough to coat
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil
- 4 Salted Egg Yolks, steamed and mashed
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 2 stalks of Curry Leaves
- 2 Thai Bird’s Eye Chilis or Cili Padi
- 1 cup of Evaporated Milk (or Milk)
- 1 tbsp of Condensed Milk (or sugar)