These Oatmeal Cookies are made with whole grains, packed with fiber, free of butter and flour, eggless and easy to make with basic pantry ingredients
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
- 1 cup (130 g) oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats old fashioned (100 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (90 g) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup (50 – 90g) granulated sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk 30-45 ml
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, dry fruits (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees (180 C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl add oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil. Mix until combined.
- Add in the nuts, dry fruits, chocolate chips.
- The dough will be wet and sticky. That’s okay. Then the coconut oil has hardened and the dough looks like crumb.
- Take a small portion from the dough. Roll to form a round shape (1 inch diameter)
- Then press it with your palms to flatten it and make a circle of around 2.5 inch diameter. Repeat with remaining dough and make all the cookies similarly. You will get 13 to 14 cookies.
- Bake at 350 F degrees (180 C) for
- 18 minutes – for softer cookies with slightly crunchy edges;
- 20 minutes – for crispy edges and soft center;
- 22 minutes – if you want super crispy cookies and want the center to be crisp too (it’s my favorite texture)
- Allow to cool 5 – 10 minutes on the baking pan then place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store them in an airtight container.