Mini Croissant Cookies also known as rugelach, rogaliki, italian butterhorns, german nusshörnchen.
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
1/2 cup soft butter (115g) (at room temperature)
2/3 cup cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
2/3 cup whole grain flour (75g)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour (75g)
1 cup hazelnuts, ground
4 tbsp brown sugar
- Mix together cream cheese, soft butter, sugar and honey.
- Add flour. Stir until all ingredients come together.
- Wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour / overnight.
- Devide the dough in half (keep in the fridge)
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 10 inch round circle.
- Top with a sprinkle of sugar and nut over the dough.
- Cut the dough in a criss cross pattern of 4 equal wedges and then each wedge in 4 triangle slices. (you’ll end up with 16 wedges)
- Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge into a crescent roll.
- Transfer the cookies to parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 355 F (180 C), for about 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
❗️Measurements Note: All recipes have been developed using weight measurements. Although US volume measurements have been included for your convenience, it is highly encouraged that you weigh your ingredients using a kitchen scale to get the best possible results. Due to the sensitive nature of baking, kitchen scales are proven to yield more accurate and consistent results than measuring cups. Enjoy!