Spinach & Feta Omelette Roll-Up
This loaded Omelette Roll will make your morning!
350g SPAR Freshline White Mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp butter
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1 cup SPAR Full Cream Milk
⅓ cup cake flour
10 SPAR Large Eggs
200g SPAR Freshline Baby Spinach, chopped
1 cup (250g) SPAR Feta Cheese, plain
SPAR Freshline Mini Plum tomatoes, roasted
SPAR Freshline Parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a rimmed baking tray (30x40cm) with baking paper, with an extra 2cm overlapping over the shorter sides of the tray. *Chef’s Tip: Grease the baking paper to ensure the omelette won’t stick after baking.
2. Slice the SPAR Freshline White Mushrooms and add them to a large pan with the butter. Sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes. Season to taste with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Add the SPAR Full Cream Milk to a large bowl. Sieve the cake flour into the bowl and whisk to combine until smooth. Add in the SPAR Large Eggs and whisk to combine.
4. Rinse and chop the SPAR Freshline Baby Spinach and stir it into the egg mixture. Season to taste with the reserved salt and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and bake for 13-15 minutes or until set. *Chef’s Tip: Roll the omelette while still warm to prevent the roll-up from forming cracks on the surface.
6. Crumble the SPAR Feta Cheese across the baked omelette and top with the cooked mushrooms. Lift the baking paper from one of the shorter ends and roll into a log towards the other shorter end, peeling back the baking paper as you go along.
7. Place the omelette roll-up on a serving platter, cutting into thick slices to serve.
8. Serve alongside the roasted SPAR Freshline Mini Plum tomatoes. Garnish with freshly chopped SPAR Freshline Parsley and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/