Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup – Simply add all your ingredients into a crockpot. So creamy, comforting and EASY! Served with parmesan cheddar croutons!!!
2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled plum tomatoes with basil
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
FOR THE PARMESAN CHEDDAR CROUTONS
4 cups (1-inch) French bread cubes
1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- To make the parmesan cheddar croutons, spread bread cubes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with cheeses. Place into oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway; set aside and let cool.
- Place tomatoes into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce, vegetable broth, garlic, onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper until well combined. Crush the tomatoes into chunks using the back of a spoon.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached. Stir in heavy cream and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheddar croutons.