We just made Pepper Steak Cottage Pies with some leftover festive gravy and meats 🙌💥😉
4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp NESTLÉ Cremora Original
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
2½ cups leftover sliced beef, chopped to bite-size strips
¾ cup leftover gravy
Leafy green salad
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 12 ramekins. *Chef’s Tip: You can also use oven-safe mugs!
2. Place the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with salted water and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
3. Drain the water and mash the potatoes until smooth.
4. In a bowl, whisk the NESTLÉ Cremora Original with a ¼ cup water and add to the mashed potatoes. Mix to combine until soft and creamy. Season to taste with ¼ teaspoon pepper and ½ tsp salt.
5. Place the leftover sliced beef into a bowl and add the gravy. Add the remaining pepper and stir to combine.
6. Pipe the creamy mashed potatoes over the beef steak filling. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the mash is golden. *Chef’s Tip: you can spoon the mash over if you don’t have a piping bag.
7. Garnish the pies with parsley and serve alongside a green salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/