Simple ingredients, easy to make, and featuring loads of flavor and crunch, our crispy Frito pie is a family favorite dinner that only takes 20 minutes to get into the oven! Like any good pie, you’ll have to create a crust and tasty filling. This time, we’re going savory!
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
•1 medium onion , diced
• 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
• 2 tablespoons salted butter
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans , rinsed and drained
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned pinto beans , rinsed and drained
• 2 cups salsa , jarred
• 4 cups corn chips
• 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese , divided
• 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 limes wedges
• 1 cup lettuce, chopped
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 1 cup tomatoes, chopped or sliced
• 1 jalapeno, minced
• 1 bunch green onions, sliced
• 1 cup black olives, sliced
1️⃣ Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
2️⃣ In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion in butter until softened and starting to brown a bit, about 3-5 minutes. Add in beef, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic powder. Cook beef until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
3️⃣ Reduce heat to low and add pinto beans, black beans, and salsa into the beef mixture. Stir until combined and let cook for just a few minutes.
4️⃣ Line the bottom of a 9×13 dish with 4 cups of corn chips. Sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese. Spoon ground beef and bean mixture on top of the cheese layer. Sprinkle with 2 extra cups of cheese.
5️⃣ Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and cheese is browning, about 25-30 minutes. Garnish with additional toppings as desired.