Red Velvet Loaf Cake
#redvelevet #velvetcake #redvelvetcakes
Join us in this delightful baking adventure as we create a stunning Red Velvet Loaf Cake. In this tutorial, we will walk you through each step of the process, ensuring you can easily recreate this classic dessert at home. You’ll learn how to achieve the cake’s signature red hue, how to perfectly blend ingredients for a moist and tender crumb, and the secret to creating a luscious cream cheese frosting for that irresistible finish. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this video is packed with tips and tricks to guarantee a perfect Red Velvet Loaf Cake every time. Tune in and let’s bake some magic together!
How to make Red Velvet Loaf Cake
Red Velvet Loaf Cake
• Prep Time: 15 mins.
• Cook Time: 55 mins.
• Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins.
The Red Velvet Loaf Cake
• ¼ cup (100g/3 ½ oz) Butter (room temperature).
• 1 cup (200g/5 oz) Caster Sugar.
• 2 Medium Eggs.
• 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (sifted).
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
• 1 tsp Red Gel Colouring (Sugar Flair extra red).
• ¾ cup (180ml/6 fl oz) Buttermilk.
• 1 ¼ cups + 2 tbsp (225g/8 oz) Plain Flour (sifted).
• 1 tsp Baking Powder.
• ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda/Baking Soda.
• 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar.
The Cream Cheese Frosting
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (125g/4 ½ oz) butter, room temperature.
• ¾ cup + 2 tbsps (125g/4 ½ oz) icing sugar/powdered sugar.
• 1 cup + 1 tbsp (250g/8 ½ oz) cream cheese ( full fat).
• 1 tsp vanilla extract.
• Cake crumb.
For the Red Velvet Loaf Cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 170C/150CFan and prepare a 2lb loaf tin by lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, beat together the unsalted butter and caster sugar until the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, cocoa powder, red food colouring, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Beat again until everything is well combined.
4. Pour in the plain flour and buttermilk, and beat gently. Avoid overmixing the batter.
5. Finally, incorporate the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and white wine vinegar, beating them into the mixture.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf tin and spread it evenly.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Once baked, allow the cake to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Ensure that your unsalted butter is at room temperature and use block butter instead of spreadable.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the unsalted butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy, similar to how you would make a regular buttercream. This should take about 5 minutes.
3. Add the full-fat cream cheese (drained if necessary) to the bowl and beat for approximately one minute.
4. Scrape the bowl’s sides, add the vanilla extract, and beat for another minute.
5. Give the bowl a final scrape and beat again if needed. The frosting should be thick and smooth when finished.
6. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Trim the cake slightly to create some crumbs. Crumble the trimmed portion into crumbs.
2. Using a piping bag and tip, pipe the cream cheese frosting onto the cake.
3. Once the frosting is piped, sprinkle the cake crumbs over it.
4. Mmm Scrummy!!!
• The cake needs to be stored in the fridge due to the cream cheese frosting.
• Red velvet cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.