1 roll of puff pastry
1 can of pitted cherries in syrup
240ml (1 cup) of milk
50g (3 tbsp) of sugar
5g (1 ½ tbsp) of cornstarch
2 egg yolks
20g (1 ½ tbsp) of butter
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/374°F.
2. Heat up milk. In a saucepan whisk egg yolks with sugar and cornstarch. Slowly pour in the hot milk, while whisking constantly. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Add butter, and whisk well. Let the custard cool down completely in the fridge.
3. Roll out the sheet of puff pastry and cut it into even rectangles.
4. Pipe custard on top and place 2 cherries over it. Fold the pastry and pinch the edges together. Make small slits on top of each puff pastry rectangle and brush with egg wash.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool down, and dust with powdered sugar.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Enjoy with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
For any content use please feel free to contact
Cookist wow’s second cookbook is here! 😍
Buy it on Amazon to discover the 50 easiest and most delicious recipes ever + 16 exclusive recipes you can’t miss out on ⬇️
🇺🇸If you buy from US: https://cooki.st/volume2wowbook
🇬🇧If you buy from UK: https://cooki.st/vol2book
🇪🇺If you buy from other EU countries: https://cooki.st/cookistwownewbook