This creamy delicious Colcannon recipe is loaded up with braised cabbage and tossed with crispy bacon and leeks. You will only want to eat mashed potatoes like this from now on after tasting these.
Colcannon is a traditional Irish recipe consisting of mashed potatoes and cooked cabbage. It also had some nuances to it as ingredients were added, or taken away, depending on what was available in the garden. You may see some colcannon recipes with pork, and you may not.
This is commonly served on big occasions and widely celebr ated at Halloween in Ireland. Colcannon is a staple side dish at big occasions with friends and family alongside pork or lamb, but it is absolutely filling enough to eat it as is as a main course.
PRINT OUT THIS RECIPE AT: https://www.billyparisi.com/irish-colcannon-recipe/
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 8 ounces unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup whole milk
• 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• 8 ounces sliced bacon, thickly sliced
• 1 thinly sliced leek
• 1 head thinly sliced savoy cabbage, stem removed
• 2 pounds peeled and thinly sliced russet potatoes
• 2 pounds peeled and thinly sliced Yukon gold potatoes
• 1 bunch thinly sliced green onions
• salt and ground white pepper to taste