Believe it or not, but the best lasagna is made in the microwave! 🤯 This wholesome prep-ahead pasta dish is taken to the next level with layers of cream cheese and spinach, tinned tomato sauce, and quick-cooking lasagne sheets. Plus, if you want a meaty lasagna, you can simply add crispy bacon bits! Cheesy pasta has never been this easy! Three cheers for meal prep! 🙌 Three cheers for delicious microwave recipes! 🙌 And three cheers for cheesy dinner recipes! 🙌
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
½ tub (115g) cream cheese
½ tsp crushed garlic
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1½ cups baby spinach, chopped
1 tin (410g) tinned tomato with mixed herbs
10 sheets Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Lasagne
⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Lightly grease a medium-sized rectangular heat-proof dish with a lid.
2. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and chopped spinach until combined. *Chef’s Tip: Add cooked bacon bits at this step for a meaty version.
3. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the tinned tomato into the bottom of the dish. Layer two Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Lasagne sheets and 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on top. Repeat the layering until the filling has run out, finishing with a layer of tomato sauce. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure the lasagne sheet is completely covered by sauce or cream cheese filling to ensure even cooking.
4. Sprinkle over the grated cheese, cover with a lid and refrigerate until needed. *Chef’s Tip: the lasagna can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days before cooking which also helps softens the sheets, making cooking the lasagna easier.
5. When ready to cook, lift the lid and only place loosely on top. Microwave on medium-high heat for about 25 minutes, cooking in 5 minute intervals. Remove the lid of the dish for the final 5 minutes to melt the cheese.*Chef’s Tip: We used a 115 Watt microwave for recipe testing.
6. Carefully remove the container from microwave and leave to cool slightly for about 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve the warm lasagna topped with fresh basil and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#lasagna #microwaverecipes #pasta