If you’re struggling to decide between cheesy pizza or a crowd-pleasing pasta dish, we’ve got just the recipe for you! These lasagne roll-ups combine iconic pasta flavours with all the convenience of a pasta bake! With a rich tomato sauce, plenty of cheese, and perfect pasta, this is an easy dinner you won’t want to miss! Choose between
🍄 Regina: ham & mushroom
🫑 Four Seasons: green pepper, onion, olives, & mushroom
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
½ box (125g) Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Lasagne
2 tins (400g each) whole tomatoes
1 tsp each salt & pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 ½ cups grated mozzarella
For the Regina flavour:
1 cup diced ham
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
For the Four Seasons flavour:
¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
¼ cup chopped white onion
¼ cup sliced mushroom
¼ cup chopped black olives
Chopped parsley and salad
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add the Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Lasagne sheets and cook for 5-8 minutes until al dente, ensuring the sheets remain separated. Strain the pasta. *Chef’s Tip: Stir the pasta at the beginning of cooking to ensure it does not stick.
3. In a mixing bowl, crush the canned whole tomatoes with a fork. Add the oregano, salt, pepper and garlic and stir to combine.
4. Spread a quarter of the prepared tomato sauce on the base of a medium-sized baking dish.
5. Once the cooked pasta sheets have cooled enough to handle, lay them flat on the kitchen counter. Layer half of the remaining tomato sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese over the pasta sheets.
6. For the Regina flavour:
Sprinkle the ham and mushroom onto each sheet, dividing evenly. Do not overfill.
7. For the 4 Seasons flavour:
Sprinkle the bell peppers, onion, mushroom and olives onto each sheet, dividing evenly. Do not overfill.
8. Roll each sheet into a spiral and place into the baking tray seam-side down.
9. Cover the pasta rolls with the remaining tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
10. Using a spatula, dish 2 pasta roll-ups. Garnish with parsley, serve with salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa