Pumpkin Bread with Streusel.
Cozy up for fall and celebrate the season with this incredibly moist pumpkin bread with a crunchy cinnamon streusel topping. You won’t believe how good it makes your house smell!
For the pumpkin bread (for 1 bread)
- 1 1/8 cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cups (100g) white sugar
- 7 oz (230g) canned pumpkin puree*
- 1/4 cup (60g) melted butter
For the streusel (for 2 breads)
- 2/3 cup (85g) flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon/pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60g) cold butter
NOTE: I baked the pumpkin and mashed it with a fork. It turned out thickly, so I recommend adding milk, water or any liquid (3/4 cup (200 g) pumpkin + 2-4 tbsp (30-60g) liquid).
If you use canned puree, skip this step.
Make the streusel:
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and place in the fridge while you make the pumpkin bread.
Make the pumpkin bread:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line 9×5 (or 8×4) inch loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients together (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt) in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (egg, sugar, pumpkin* and melted butter).
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and fold in just until you get a smooth batter. Don’t overmix!
- Pour it into the prepared pan and spread it even.
- Completely cover the top of the batter in streusel and bake for 1 hr and 15 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. If it needs more time, keep adding 5 minutes until it’s ready.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the bread onto a wire rack to cool completely.