Overnight Cinnamon Apple French Toast Bake – Prep the night before and serve for breakfast/brunch! So easy, so creamy, and so good for a crowd!
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large apples, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1 16-ounce loaf brioche bread, cubed
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
12 large eggs, beaten
2 cups whole milk
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; continue cooking until sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Let cool.
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Top with cream cheese and half the apple mixture in an even layer. Top with remaining bread cubes and remaining apple mixture.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour mixture evenly over the bread cubes. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove baking dish from the refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pecans; place into oven and bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; continue to bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and center is firm.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.