No bake peanut butter oatmeal bars are a little bit sweet and a little bit savory. A quick and easy homemade treat that you can make from pantry staples.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOLING TIME: 2 hours
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 10 minutes
Yields: 16 bars (about 50 g)
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
- 3 cups (270 g) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (240 g) peanut butter 100% natural
- 3/4 cup (255 g) honey
- 1/2 tsp salt (OPTIONAL‼️ Add if your PB is unsalted)
- Line a 7″ x 11″ or 8″ x 8″ cake pan with parchment paper.
- Me asure oats into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Heat peanut butter and honey in a microwave 1 minutes (stir every 10 seconds!). We don’t need boil or fry mixture, just heat lightly until mixture will get smooth and runny consistense. Don’t burn it!!
❗️ALTERNATIVE: Use the double boiling method to melt honey with peanut butter
- Add salt, mix completely.
- Pour peanut butter honey mixture over oats. Fold oats into the mixture until evenly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture into the pan. Using the back of a silicone spoon or your greased hands, evenly press oats into the bottom of the pan.
- Allow to cool completely in the fridge about 2 hours up to overnight.
- Cut into disired slices.
- Store in an airtight container. Wrap each bars in a paper and keep in the fridge 1 month or in the freazeer up to 3 month. Let chill at room temperature for softer bars.