Easy apple cake tastes indescribably good! This juicy apple cake is absolutely perfect, because it can be prepared in just a few minutes and you only need a few ingredients. It tastes like a butter cake and makes you absolutely happy when topped with almonds and powdered sugar.
4-5 apples (600g)
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1/3 cup (70 g ) sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup (100 g) melted butter
1 cup (150 g) flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup (100 ml ) milk
some butter and flour to grease the pan, alternatively baking paper
some powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 320F (160 C). Grease your pan and dust it with a little flour or line the form or tray with baking paper. rectangular ~ 7×13 inches (20 x 34cm). Round 11 inches (28cm)
- Peel the apples, quarter them and remove the core. Cut the apples into very thin slices or use a slicer, this is much faster (but be careful with your fingers). Squeeze out the lemon juice and pour it directly over the apple pieces so that they don’t turn brown.
- Put the eggs, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl and stir everything with the hand mixer until creamy until the sugar has dissolved and no longer crunches.
- Now add the melted butter, flour, baking powder and milk and stir in the ingredients as briefly as necessary.
- Fold in the apple slices and pour the dough into the prepared tin / tray.
- If you like, you can put almonds on the cake and then bake it for about 50 minutes – 1 hour. The apple pie should be nice and golden brown. If it gets too dark, cover it with some aluminum foil or something similar.
- Dust the apple pie with powdered sugar before serving.