#Cookies #MiniEgg #Baking
If you have any questions about this Mini Egg NYC Cookie Recipe then leave me a comment and I will reply ASAP. Happy Baking everyone!
Mini Egg NYC Cookies Recipe.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Chill Time: 1 hour.
Cook Time: 12 mins.
Total Time: 1 hour 27mins.
8 Large Cookies.
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (130g/4½oz) Unsalted Butter.
• ½ cup + 2 tbsps (125g/4oz) Light Brown Soft Sugar.
• 1 Medium Egg.
• 1 tsp Vanilla.
• 1½ cups + 3 tbsps (275g/9½oz) Plain/All-Purpose Flour.
• 1½ tsp Baking Powder.
• ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda.
• ½ tsp Salt.
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (100g/3½oz) Chocolate Chips (milk, dark or white).
• 1 cup (175g/6oz) Mini Eggs (chopped).
• 32 whole Mini Eggs for decoration.
1. Add the butter and light brown sugar to a medium-size bowl and beat until creamy.
2. Add in the egg and beat again.
3. Add the vanilla extract and mix again until fully combined.
4. Add in the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt, then beat together until a cookie dough is formed.
5. Add in the chocolate chips and chopped mini eggs then mix in until they are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
TIP – I use my hands as I find it easier to mix the chocolate into the dough but you can also use a spoon.
6. Weigh the cookies out into eight cookie dough balls – they will weigh approx 110g each.
7. Roll into balls.
8. And add four whole mini eggs to the top of each cookie and push down slightly.
9. Put the cookie dough balls in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour.
10. Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 200°C/390°F. or for a Fan Oven: 180°C/355°F.
11. Take the cookies out of the freezer/fridge and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Place four cookies on each tray.
12. Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-14 minutes. I don’t flatten the cookies as they flatten by themselves during baking.
13. When baked, leave them to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake whilst cooling.
14. These cookies are best eaten on the day of baking but can be revived by microwaving them for 20-30 seconds or placing them into a hot oven for 2-3 minutes.
14. Mmm Scrummy!!!
• The baked cookies will keep for 4-5 days in an airtight container.
• The raw cookie dough can be frozen for up to three months – allow an extra 203 minutes when baking from frozen.
#Scrummy #Cookie #Biscuit