Watch this video 👆🏽 to find out how to make a meatball & veggie traybake 🤤🙌🏽 Making homemade meatballs is an easy, delicious and quick meal option and baking it with vegetables in one tray makes for a convenient recipe! You can enjoy these meatballs and roasted vegetables in a wrap the next day…what a great lunchbox option 🤯
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
1 kg SPAR Butchery Mince
2 large eggs
3 tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 SPAR Freshline Red Onions
1 bag (1kg) SPAR Freshline Sweet Potatoes
2 tbsp oil
1 punnet (250g) SPAR Freshline Cherry Tomatoes
1 tin (400g) chickpeas, drained
⅓ punnet (10g) SPAR Freshline Basil
SPAR Freshline White Wraps
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the SPAR Butchery Mince, eggs, 2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper, ground cumin
and ground coriander in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the mince mixture into your hands and roll firmly to form a ball. Repeat
to form 18 meatballs. *Chef’s Tip: Wet your hands with water to prevent the mixture from sticking!
4. Peel the SPAR Freshline Red Onions and cut them into quarters.
5. Peel the SPAR Freshline Sweet Potatoes. Cut them into 3cm cubes. Add the sweet potatoes and red onions to the roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
6. Add the meatballs, SPAR Freshline Cherry Tomatoes and chickpeas to the sweet potatoes and
onions. Roast for a further 20-30 minutes until the meatballs are cooked and the vegetables are tender. *Chef’s Tip: For extra colour, grill for 5 minutes at 200°C
7. Once cooked, scatter the SPAR Freshline Basil over the traybake. Serve with dollops of Tzatziki and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: add the meatballs and veggies to a SPAR Freshline White Wrap for an easy packed lunch!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#ovenbake #meatballs #veggies