OPEN for ingredients! We all have that can of sardines knocking around the back your pantry. Make Sambal Sardines! This Malay stir fry is an ultra quick spicy dish that takes just 10 MINUTES to make.
It’s one of my go-to busy weekday dishes but is also so satisfying and so good served with rice, or some bread on the side. Imagine bread sopping up all that sauce. Yum.
- 425g or 1 large Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 50g or 2 tbsps Dried Chilli Paste
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 tsps Ginger, minced
- 2 tsps Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Belachan or Fermented Dried Shrimp Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Tamarind paste (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 2 tsps Sugar, or to taste