Low Spice Mild Chicken Curry | Simple Chicken Curry Recipe | Curry Chicken | Chicken Recipe Indian Style | Chicken Gravy Recipe | Easy Chicken Curry for Beginners | Mild Chicken Curry | Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Curry:
– Chicken – 500 gms. (Legs & Thighs)
– Cloves- 5
– Cinnamon- 3 small pieces
– Black Peppercorns- 6-8
– Dry Red Chillies cut into small pieces- 3 whole
– Red Onions, sliced- 2 large (100 gms x 2 = 200 gms)
– Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Ghee (clarified butter)- 2 tbsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
– Salt-1 tsp
– Slice the onions and set aside.
– Take 3 whole dried red chillies and cut them into pieces to be used for tempering.
– Heat oil and ghee in a frying pan and add all the whole spices and sliced red onions.
– Mix and fry on medium high heat for 8-10 mins till light brown in color. Take out half the fried onions onto another plate to be added at the end.
– Now add all the chicken pieces side by side and fry on high heat for 1 min. Flip and fry on high heat for 1 min on the other side too till the color changes to white.(Total 2 mins)
– Now add the ginger garlic paste, give a mix and continue to fry on high to medium high heat for a total of 5-6 mins on both sides till the chicken is roasted.
– Now add the turmeric, red chilli powders and salt, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 4-5 mins till the masala is cooked and chicken is browned.
– Add 200 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins. Remove lid, add the cumin powder and give a mix. Cover & cook for another 5 mins till the chicken is cooked and gravy starts to thicken.
– Now add back the fried onions set aside earlier, give a mix and cover & cook for another 5 mins. (Spoon the gravy over the chicken pieces to coat the pieces with the gravy and onions.)
– Remove lid, mix and simmer for 2-3 mins to get the desired consistency.
#mildchickencurry #chickencurry #lowspicechickenrecipe #chickengravy easychickencurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken