What happens when you combine jelly sweets with an easy cookie recipe? The best sweet treats ever! These vanilla cookies, chocolate cookies, and peanut butter cookies are SO EASY that even the kids can bake along! Get creative with cookie decorating to teach kids shapes, colours, and counting 🍪 Homeschooling and school bake sales have never tasted better!
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
FLOWER COOKIE POPS
Hands-on time: 1 hour
Hands-off time: 1 hour 30 minutes
½ cup (113g) butter, softened
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1½ cups self-raising flour
2 slabs (80g each) white chocolate
5 packets (41g each) Beacon Jelly Tots Original
Beacon Jelly Tots Original
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Cut out a flower shape, about 5cm in diameter, from a piece of cardboard and set aside for later use.
2. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla essence together for 2 minutes in a mixing bowl.
3. Sift in the flour and using a wooden spoon, stir to combine. *Chef’s Tip: Add a tablespoon or two of water if the dough is too dry.
4. Transfer the mixture to a lightly floured surface and use your hands to bring the dough together to form a ball.
5. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C if fan-forced) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is 1,5cm thick.
8. Place the cardboard flower shape on the cookie dough and using a butter knife, trace around the edges to cut out flower shapes.
9. Place the cookie dough flowers on the baking trays and insert a wooden popsicle stick a third of the way through the side of the cookie to form a handle. Refrigerate trays for 15 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Use short sosatie sticks, if preferred.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden in colour. Cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals until smooth. Allow the chocolate to cool for 3 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Use milk chocolate, if preferred.
12. Dip the base of each Beacon Jelly Tots Original in the melted chocolate and arrange on top of each cookie to create a flower pattern Allow the chocolate to harden, about 30 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Pick each Jelly Tot up with a toothpick for easy dipping.
13. Place the extra Beacon Jelly Tots Original in a few glasses and arrange the flower cookie pops upright inside each to look like a bouquet and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#cookies #bakingforkids #easyrecipes