#AppleCake #IrishApple #ApplePie
Irish Apple Cake Recipe
If you have any questions on how to make this Irish Apple Cake recipe then please leave me a comment and I will reply ASAP. Happy Baking!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 1 hour.
Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins.
1 cake of 8 slices.
• 1¼ cups (200g/7 oz) Self-raising Flour.
• Good Pinch of Ground Cloves.
• Pinch of Salt.
• ¼ cup + 3 tbsps (100g/3½oz) Unsalted Butter.
• 3 Cooking Apples (810g/28½oz).
• ¾ cup (150g/5oz) Caster Sugar.
• 2 Medium Eggs.
• ¼ cup + 3 tbsps (100mls/3.8 floz) Milk.
• 1 tbsp of Demerara or Granulated Sugar.
1. Grease a 7” or 8” tin.
2. Preheat the oven.
Conventional Oven: 190°C/374°F.
Fan Oven: 170°C/338°F.
3. Sieve flour, ground cloves and salt into a large bowl.
4. Cut in the butter and rub it in until the mixture is like fine breadcrumbs.
5. Peel the cooking apples, and slice thinly into the mixture with the sugar. (The amount of sugar depends on how much sweetening the apples need).
6. Mix the egg & milk together and add to the mixture, stir until fully mixed in. (The mixture will have a fairly-stiff consistency).
7. Place in the prepared tin and level the top with a spoon.
8. Sprinkle demerara or granulated sugar on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until golden brown. (Test with a skewer to ensure it’s fully cooked).
10. When baked, remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before serving.
11. Serve with custard or cream or why not both!
12. Mmm Scrummy!!!
#Baking #Cake #Scrummy