This delicious Picadillo recipe is loaded up with slow-cooked shredded beef and vegetables in a delicious zesty tomato and chile broth. The flavors in this recipe are incredible as this will quickly become your new favorite comfort meal.
Picadillo is a favorite dish in several Spanish-speaking countries, especially in Mexico. There are many variations to this dish depending on where you are eating and who is making it. It can have pork, beef, or veal, along with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and other regional and seasonal vegetables.
Picadillo can be as basic and as simple as can be or can be a bit more complex like my recipe. So much of the tradition of this recipe was based on what was available, and that is why this dish looks so different depending on om the maker of it. One thing is for certain, they are all delicious.
PRINT OUT THIS RECIPE AT:
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 6 tablespoons oil
• 2 large tomatoes, stems removed
• 2 peeled yellow onions
• 3 garlic cloves
• 2 peeled and stemmed tomatillos
• 1 tablespoon cumin seed
• 2-3 pounds top round beef, cut into large chunks
• 8 cups beef stock
• 1 seeded chile de arbol
• 1 seeded guajillo chile
• 4 peeled and large diced large Yukon potatoes
• 2 large diced green zucchinis
• 4 peeled and large diced large carrots
• 4 thickly sliced leaves of swiss chard
• salt and pepper to taste