Hyderabadi Wedding Special Red Chicken Recipe | Hyderabadi Red Chicken Curry Recipe | Hyderabadi Shadiyon Wala Red Chicken | Hyderabadi Chicken Curry | Hyderabadi Red Chicken | Chicken Curry Recipe | Chicken Gravy
Ingredients for Hyderabadi Red Chicken Curry:
Chicken, large pieces- 1 kg
– Cashew nuts -10
– Coconut grated- 4-5 tbsp (35-40 gms)
For the Marination:
– Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
– Fried onions – 3 medium ones (lightly crushed)
– Cashew-almond paste made earlier
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 1 cup (225-250 gms)
– Red colour- pinch
– Salt-2.5 tsp
Spice & Sauces:
– Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Green Chilli Sauce- 1 tsp
– Red Chilli Sauce- 1 tbsp
– Soy Sauce- 1 tsp
– Tomato Ketchup- 1 tbsp
– Coriander Leaves, chopped- 3 tbsp
– Mint leaves, chopped- 2 tbsp
– Green Chillies, cut & slit- 3
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Fresh Cream- 2 tbsp
– Oil in which onion was fried- 5-6 tbsp
– Slice the 3 medium onions and deep fry in oil till golden. Remove from oil and allow to cool.
– Grate the coconuts after removing the dark skin. You can also do that in a grinder after cutting the coconut into pieces. Make sure it is not too smooth.
– For the Cashew-Almonds-Coconut paste, dry roast the cashew nuts & almonds on low heat for 2-3 mins. Shouldn’t become brown.
– Now add the grated coconut, give a mix and stir and dry roast on low heat for 3 mins till the coconut starts becoming light brown. Remove & allow to cool.
– Transfer these into a grinder and coarse grind it into a powder. Now add 1/2 cup water and grind it into a paste.
– Take a flat bottom curry pan and arrange the chicken pieces in it.
– Add all the ingredients for the marination (listed above), cover and set aside 90 mins to marinate
– After marinating, place the pan with the chicken on high flame.
– Cook the chicken on high to medium heat for 5 mins. Stir once or twice.
– Cover and cook on low heat for 15 mins.
– Remove lid and add pepper powder and all the sauces. Give a mix.
– Now add the coriander leaves, mint leaves and the green chilli. Give a mix.
– Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
– Lastly add the garam masala and fresh cream.
– Cook 2 mins on low heat.
– Serve with naan or rice.
#hyderabadiredchicken #hyderabadichickencurry #dumkalalmurgh #hyderabadichickengravy #redchickencurry #chickenrecipe #chickengravy #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken