How to make Homemade Traditional Mincemeat, a Recipe for making mincemeat, the perfect filling for Christmas desserts, cakes, muffins and of course mince-pies!
• Prep Time: 10 mins.
• Cooking Time: 10 mins.
• Total Time: 20 mins.
• Makes 3 cups or 3 x 370g.
• 1 cup (5oz/150g) Currants.
• 1 cup (5oz/150g) Sultanas.
• 1 cup (5oz/150g Raisins.
• ½ cup (3½oz/100g) Mixed Peel.
• 1½ tsp Mixed Spice/Pumpkin Spice.
• 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
• 1 cup (175g/6oz) Muscovado/Brown Sugar.
• ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (75g/2½oz) Butter.
• 1 Medium Cooking Apple, finely chopped or grated.
• ¼ cup + 3 tbsp (100ml/3.4 fl oz) Amaretto/Brandy/Rum/Whiskey/Port.
1. Put all the ingredients, except the alcohol, in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally until the sugar and butter have completely dissolved.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature before stirring in the alcohol.
4. The mincemeat may look loose at this stage, but it will thicken up as it cools.
5. Spoon the warm mincemeat into sterilized jars and seal tightly.
• Store in a cool dark place and will keep for 12 months.
• Once opened, store in the fridge.
If you have any questions about how to make this mincemeat recipe for Christmas mince pies then please leave me a comment and I will reply to you ASAP.
Happy Baking Everyone!