Philly Cheesesteak is a simple beefsteak recipe often eaten as a sandwich with bread rolls such as hoagie rolls. Provolone or American cheese is melted over the pan-fried steak; Cheez Whiz can also be used. The Philly cheesesteak recipe is so easy to make at home, even chicken can be used for this recipe instead of beef. It originated from Philadelphia in the United States.
Traditional Philly cheesesteak uses beef and requires the use of provolone cheese; but in modern versions, American cheese can be used instead of provolone cheese and chicken can be substituted for beef. The American and Provolone cheeses are preferred because of their mild flavor and medium consistency that allows them to melt easily when heated.
– 1 kg of Beef. The best cut of beef is ribeye steak because it cooks easily and quickly.
– 5 slices of Provolone cheese or American cheese.
– 4 Hoagie rolls (Bread rolls).
– 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper powder.
– 1/2 tsp of salt.
– 1 cup of onion (thinly sliced).
– 1 red bell pepper (sliced).
– 1 green bell pepper.
– 3 tbsp of olive oil.
– 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
How to make Philly cheesesteak:
– Thinly slice the beef into strands.
– Place a cast iron skillet on the stovetop and add 2 tbsp of olive oil to it; when the oil is heated, add the sliced onions and saute for 2 minutes.
– Add the red and green bell peppers; season with a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper; cook for 2 minutes and remove from the pan to a dish and keep aside for later use.
– Add another tbsp of olive oil and bring in the sliced beefsteak.
– Cook for 2 minutes until the water content of the meat reduces.
– Season with 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and cook for 6 minutes until the beefsteak is brown and soft.
– Bring back the sauteed vegetables, stir to combine, and then add the American cheese. Allow the cheese to melt for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and your easy homemade beef Philly cheesesteak is ready.
– You can slice some hoagie rolls (bread rolls) and stuff the beefsteak into them and you have your Philly cheesesteak sandwich. You can spread the bread with some mayo or butter.
Other types of the Philadelphia cheesesteak recipes:
– Chicken cheesesteak – made with chicken instead of beef.
– Mushroom cheesesteak is a cheesesteak topped with mushrooms.
– Pepper cheesesteak is a cheesesteak topped with various kinds of peppers such as green bell peppers, hot cherry peppers, long hot peppers, or sweet peppers.
– Pizza steak is a cheesesteak topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and maybe toasted in a broiler.
– Cheesesteak hoagie contains lettuce and tomato in addition to the ingredients found in the traditional steak sandwich and may contain other elements often served in a hoagie.
– Heater cheesesteak is named like that because the steak is topped with various kinds of hot peppers such as jalapeno cheddar, jalapenos, and Buffalo sauce,
– Vegan cheesesteak is a sandwich that replaces steak and cheese with vegan ingredients, such as seitan or mushrooms for the steak. A vegan milk substitute would be any soy-based sugar.
– Steak milano is a cheesesteak containing grilled or fried tomatoes and oregano.
– Hoagie rolls: https://youtu.be/40K3P9M0S3A
#phillycheesesteak #sandwich #steak #sandwichrecipe #beefrecipes #beef #beefsteak #steakrecipes