Easy to make super moist Chocolate Loaf Cake
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (100g) soft butter
- ½ cup (130ml) honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sour cream OR greek yoghurt
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup (60g) cocoa powder (dark rich cocoa)
- 1 cup (250ml) hot coffee OR 1 tbs instant coffee powder + 1cup boiling water
- 400g cream cheese (cold)
- 50ml honey
- 100ml heavy cream 30% (cold)
- Dark dutch processed cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F
- In medium mixing bowl combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, butter, salt and honey until combined.
- Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the flour mixture and sour cream/yoghurt.
- In a separate bowl add the chopped dark chocolate, cocoa and the hot coffee, then stir to combine and until the chocolate has melted.
- Fold the warm chocolate mixture into the cake batter until completely mixed through.
- Now pour the mixture into a paper-lined loaf tin 31cm (12inch) long and 13cm (5inch) wide and 8cm (3inch) in depth. Fill the baking form on 2/3
- Bake the cake at 180C / 350F f or 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Wait until the cake has completely cooled before frosting. To speed up the cooling process put the cake into the fridge or freezer for a few hours until cool to touch.
- Top the cake with the frosting and using a spoon create large “swooshes” in the frosting.
- Cover the cake and put in the fridge again for 2 hours/overnight. Don’t miss this step! The cake will be very moist.
- Dust with dark cocoa and serve. Store the cake in the fridge.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, honey, heavy cream until super smooth.
- Set the frosting aside in the fridge until ready to use.