How to make Lemon and Raspberry Cake
#LemonRaspberryCake #BakingRecipes #FruitDessert
*How to make a Lemon & Raspberry Cake – Full Recipe.*
Looking for a refreshing dessert to enjoy springtime? Try our mouth-watering Lemon & Raspberry cake – the perfect balance of tangy lemon and sweet raspberry flavors! Impress your guests with this delicious and easy-to-make Lemon & Raspberry dessert. With its beautiful presentation and irresistible taste, this cake is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
*Lemon & Raspberry Cake Recipe.*
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 45 mins.
Total: 60 mins.
This recipe makes 1 cake of roughly 8-10 slices.
_For the sponge cake:_
• 1 cup (165g/5 ½ oz Plain/All Purpose Flour.
• 1½ tbsp Custard Powder.
• 1 tsp Baking Powder.
• 1 tsp Baking Soda.
• Pinch of Salt Salt.
• ¾ cup (165g/5½ oz) Caster Sugar.
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (120g/4 oz) Butter.
• ½ cup + 3 tbsp (160ml/5.4 fl oz) Buttermilk.
• 1 Medium Egg.
• 3 tbsp Sunflower/Vegetable Oil.
• 1 Lemon Zest.
• ½ cup (75g/2 ½ oz) Fresh Raspberries.
_For the lemon curd:-
• 3 Medium Eggs.
• 2 Lemons, juiced.
• 1 Lemon, zest.
• ¾ cup (155g/5 ½ oz) Caster Sugar.
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (120g/4 oz) Butter, cold and diced.
• 2 tbsp Cornflour/Cornstarch.
• 1¼ cup (300mls/11 fl oz) Double/Single Cream, whipped.
• 1¼ cup (200g/7oz) Fresh Raspberries.
• Fresh Mint/Basil (optional).
• 1 Lemon, cut into rind strips (optional).
Preheat the oven to the following temperatures.
• 150°C/300°F [Fan Oven]
• 170°C/340°F [No-Fan]
• Gas Mark 3.
_To make the lemon curd:_
1. In a heat-proof bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, cornflour, lemon juice and lemon rind.
2. Place over a pan of gently simmering water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water) and stir until the curd thickens, this can take 10-15 minutes.
3. When the lemon curd is thick, remove it from the heat, add the butter and using a hand blender, blitz until fully combined and smooth.
4. Place in a sterilised jar and chill in the fridge for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight.
_To make the Lemon Raspberry Sponge:_
1. Line the sides and bottom of a loose bottom 8” tin with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl sieve together the flour, custard powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the sugar and mix to combine.
4. Add the butter to the flour and using your hands mix it in until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
5. In another bowl mix together the buttermilk, egg and oil.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the tin and scatter the raspberries on top. Before adding the raspberries mix them with a little plain flour and this will help prevent them from sinking during baking.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. When baked, allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing it and placing it on a wire rack to cool further.
10. To assemble the cake, spoon three-quarters of the lemon curd on top of the cake and spread it out right to the edges of the sponge.
11. Place the whipped cream in a piping bag with your favourite piping tip and pip rosettes around the side of the cake.
12. Fill the centre of the cake with fresh raspberries and decorate with lemon rind strips and fresh mint or even basil.
13. Mmm Scrummy!!!
Keep this cake in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Best eaten on the day its made.
It will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in a refrigerated.
If you have any questions about this Lemon & Raspberry Cake then please leave me a comment and I will do my best to help you ASAP.
Happy Baking Everyone!
#scrummy #scrummyTV #bake #cake #baking #bakingtutorial
#baking101 #lemon #raspberry #dessert #desserts