how to make kimchi recipe
how to make kimchi at home
Recipe in the video:
1 large head napa cabbage (3lb)
1 daikon (2 cups)
2 bunches green onions
1 gallon water
1.25tbs glutinous rice flour (Mochiko brand)
1/3c fish sauce
2tbs salted shrimp
1.25c gochugaru (Korean chili powder)
- Cut all your vegetables and soak in salt water (i did 3 hours)
- Bring your porridge to a boil and cool down
- In a food processor/blender, combine the seasonings
- Add to the porridge and mix.
- Drain and rinse your vegetables, getting most the water out.
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Put in a CLEAN container leaving very little air.
- Ferment outside for 4-7 days, burping every day.
- Check after 4 days to see if you like the sour/funkiness (:
- Put in the fridge when you like it!