This delicious Turkey Pot Pie Recipe is loaded with vegetables and savory turkey in an amazing buttery shortcrust for the ultimate comfort food dish. You will be blown away at how hearty and filling this recipe is.
Turkey pot pie is a simple dish consisting of cooked turkey with a creamy vegetable filling that is baked inside of a pie crust or short dough crust. There are different variations on the filling and vegetables used depending on who makes it. You may see beef pot pie, chicken pot pie, or even a seafood pot pie.
Pot pie is traditionally a British recipe and has been adopted by many in the United States. In the recipe’s infancy, the pie crust would be beautifully decorated to showcase the chef’s talents, especially if served to royalty. This is a very hearty comfort-based dish and is great for feeding a large family with.
PRINT OFF THIS RECIPE AT: https://www.billyparisi.com/turkey-pot-pie-recipe/
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 1 pie crust recipe x 4
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 2 peeled and medium diced yellow onions
• 2 cups peeled and medium diced carrots, about 4 carrots
• 1 cup medium diced celery, about 2 ribs
• 3 finely minced garlic cloves
• ¼ cup dry vermouth
• 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 1 cup heavy cream or milk
• 1 15 ounce can drained hominy
• 2 cups peeled and medium diced russet potato, about 1 large potato
• 2 cups peas
• 6 cups pulled or small diced cooked turkey
• ¼ cup finely minced fresh parsley.
• 1 whisked large egg
• sea salt and pepper to taste.