Hoagies, Submarine, Heroes, or Grinders names of a type of bread roll that is used for making Philly cheesesteak and Italian sandwiches. This bread roll recipe can be filled with veggies, cheese, meat, or other condiments.
Ingredients for Hoagies:
– 3 cups of all-purpose flour or bread flour.
– 2 tsp of instant yeast.
– 2 tbsp of sugar
– 1 tsp of salt
– 3 tbsp of melted butter
– 1/3 cup of lukewarm milk.
How to make hoagie rolls:
– In a mixer bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast. Stir this dried ingredients together and then add the melted butter, milk, and 1 cup of lukewarm water. 1/2 of the lukewarm water is added first and the remaining half is added later during mixing.
– Fix the bowl to the mixer and mix to form a dough. You can add the remaining lukewarm water if the dough is crumbly and knead until you have a stretchy dough.
– Grease another bowl and place the hoagie bread roll dough into it. Also rub oil over the surface of the hoagie dough to prevent it from sticking to the mixing bowl.
– Cover with a cling film and place it in a warm environment for about 1 hour 30 minutes until it doubles in size.
– Remove after 1 hr 30 min, deflate the dough with your hands by punching it and bring it to a working surface that is lighyl dusted with flour.
– Knead a few times to develop the gluten bonds in the dough.
– Roll the hoagie dough into a log for easy cutting and then cut into about 6 sizes.
– Cover the remaining with a kitchen towel and work with one at a time.
– Flatten the dough with your hand and use a rolling pin to roll it into about 6 to 7 inches long, rectangular shape. You can use dough cutter to cut the edges to give an even shape when rolled.
– Start folding one end until it forms a log. Pinch the last edge to the body of the rolled dough to prevent it from unfolding.
– Place it in the baking pan lined with a parchement paper or a hoagie bread roll mold that gives the shape of submarine when baked (hence the name "Submarine sandwich"; because the bread roll used for making the submarine sandwich looks like a submarine ship).
– Line all the rolled dough and cover with a towel, allow them to rise until the double in size for 45 minutes.
– Use a razor to cut through the middle of the hoage rolls vertically or make separate diagonal cuts across the dough. This allows for expansion when baking as well as helps to give it a nice design.
– You can make an egg wash with 1 tbsp of water to 1 broken egg. Whisk to combine until it is light and cloudy. Use the eggwash to rub over the surface of hoagie rolls. This gives them a golden brown appearance. You can skip this if you want them without the golden brown color.
– Bake in a preheated oven at a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
– Afte 25 minutes, your easy homemade Italian bread roll is ready. You can allow them to cool down for about 10 or 15 minutes before eating.
You can use these hoagies for making Philly cheesesteak or Italian sandwiches (also known as Submarine Sandwich). Hoagie rolls can also be eaten just like normal bread with a cup of coffee or tea. I do enjoy mine with a cup of coffee and honey.
bread recipe,bread recipes,breads,bread make,making bread,make bread,making of bread,bun,rolls,homemade bread,how to make bread,bread recipe easy,easy bread recipe,yeast rolls,recipe for yeast rolls,types of bread,bread types,bread with milk,how to make bread roll,bread roll recipe,different types of bread,subway sandwiches,subway sandwich,italian breads,bread recipe Italian,italian bread recipe,italian bread recipes,sub sandwich,italian subs,italian sub,sub Italian,italian sandwiches,italy sandwiches,hoagie rolls,hoagie buns,homemade italian bread,hoagie roll recipe,sandwich rolls,hoagie bread,rolls for sandwiches,hoagie roll,hoagies bread,sub rolls,what is grinders,what is a grinder,heroes sandwich,heroes sandwiches,grinders sandwiches,submarine sandwiches.
#hoagie #breadroll #bread #breadrecipe #italianbread #italianbreadroll #italianbreadrecipe #italian #breadrecipes #hoagierolls #breadrolls