Soft and chewy healthy oatmeal cookies are sandwiched together with delicious matcha cream cheese frosting to create the perfect dessert.
‼️The recipe and substitutions are given below👇👇
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 sandwich cookies
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
3/4 cup (70 g) rolled oats
3/4 cup (90 g) all-purpose flour OR oat flour
1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar OR coconut sugar, any granulated sweetener
2 tbsp (17 g) ground flaxseed
1/4 cup (55 g) coconut oil, melted OR butter
3 tbsp (45 g) oat milk OR any type of milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 oz (60 g) cream cheese OR cashew butter
2 tsp Matcha powder OR instant coffee
2-3 tsp agave syrup OR maple syrup, honey etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the oats, sugar, flour, flax, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in the milk, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 12 evenly sized balls. It helps if you wet your hands a bit before. Use your fingertips to press them flat.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Once cooled, place all filling ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Find the right half for each cookie. Lay each cookie on it’s back so the bottom is facing up. Spoon filling into the center of the bottom of each cookie. Sandwich cookies together. Place the cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes. Serve cold.
- Store cookies in the fridge/freezer.
❗️Measurements Note: All recipes have been developed using weight measurements. Although US volume measurements have been included for your convenience, it is highly encouraged that you weigh your ingredients using a kitchen scale to get the best possible results. Due to the sensitive nature of baking, kitchen scales are proven to yield more accurate and consistent results than measuring cups. Enjoy!