Whether you are sensitive to gluten or you just prefer to try something healthy and new, this recipe is for you.
3 medium bananas, ripe
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (170g) Honey/maple syrup/agave
1/4 cup (60mll) Milk of choice
1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable or canola oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla puree or extract
1/2 teaspoon Almond extract (optional)
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1½ teaspoons Baking powder
3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1¾ cups + 1 tablespoon (165g) Gluten-free oat flour
1 cup (100g) Almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 8X5-inch (20X12cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides of the pan with oil or butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add eggs and whisk until combined. Add honey/maple syrup, oil, yogurt, vanilla and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Top with two banana halves coated with brown sugar. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. If after 30 minutes in the oven, the bread turns too brown, cover with foil for the rest of baking.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, release from the pan and allow to cool completely.