This chicken salad is healthy, easy to make and super delicious. This healthy chicken salad is high in proteins, low carb, keto-friendly and perfect salad for weight loss! If you like creamy salads, you will love this creamy chicken salad. One of the many benefits of this salad is that it goes well with sandwiches, so you can take this salad to school or work or just serve with your favorite dinner.
- 3 Chicken breasts, skinless
- 1-2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2-3 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 Green apple, chopped
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 Red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 4-5 leaves Lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup (45g) Almonds, chopped or any other nuts
- 1/2 cup (65g) Dried cranberries/raisins
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise, low fat
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, low fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and paprika. Place the chicken in the bowl and mix until full coated. Let marinate for 1 hour (optional).
- Heat a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add marinated chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, while preparing the vegetables.
- To a large bowl add chopped celery, chopped apple, cranberries, chopped green onion, chopped red onion, chopped parsley, chopped almonds, chopped lettuce.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces and add to the salad.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients and well combined.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix.
WHAT CAN WE USE INSTEAD OF DRIED CRANBERRIES?
Instead of dried cranberries you can use raisins or fresh grapes.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN FOR CHICKEN SALAD?
In this recipe I seared the chicken in a frying pan, but there are few more options: you can use the same marinated chicken breast, place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper/foil and roast the chicken in preheated 375F (190C) for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The second option is to poach the chicken: place chicken breast to a large pot, cover with water. Add salt, pepper, 2 garlic cloves, 1 onion, bay leave and herbs of your choice. Cook over medium low heat, for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN SALAD?
Chicken salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
WHAT CAN WE USE INSTEAD OF MAYONNAISE?
If you prefer your chicken salad without mayo, you can replace it with Greek yogurt.