GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE | GINGER CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | GINGER CHICKEN MASALA
Ginger Chicken Recipe | Ginger Chicken Masala | Ginger Chicken Curry Recipe | Adraki Murgh | Chicken Curry Recipe | Ginger Chicken Gravy Recipe | Dhaba Style Ginger Chicken | Chicken Gravy
Ingredients for Spice Eats Home Chicken Curry:
(Tsp- Teaspoon; Tbsp- Tablespoon )
– Chicken – 500 gms. (with bones)
Whole spices for tempering:
– Green Cardamom- 4
– Cloves- 4
– Cinnamon- 2 small pieces
– Shah Jeera- 1/2 tsp
– Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander powder- 1 tsp
– Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
– Onions chopped- 2 medium (150 gms)
– Ginger Julienned- 2 tbsp(20 gms)+ for garnishing
– Green Chillies, sliced- 3
– Tomato purée- 3 tbsp ( readymade )
– Cashew paste- 10
– Kasuri Methi, roasted and powdered – 1/2 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Chop the onions, julienne the peeled ginger and slice the green chillies.
– Use readymade tomato purée/paste for this recipe. In case not available, you can blend 2 medium fresh red tomatoes and use that instead.
– Make a paste of the cashew nuts. To do that add 10-12 cashew nuts in a grinder/blender and dry grind it into a powder. Now add 3-4 tbsp water and blend again into a smooth paste.
– As the curry gets nearly cooked, dry roast the Kasuri Methi for around 30 secs and leave it to cool. Now crush it lightly with your hand.
– Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the whole spices. Give a stir and then add the chopped onions.
– Fry on medium heat for around 6-7 mins till soft and then add the julienned ginger. Give a mix and fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the chicken pieces and a pinch of turmeric powder. Give a mix and fry on medium high heat for around 2 mins till the colour of the chicken changes.
– Now add all the spice powders other than Kashmiri Chilli Powder, salt, mix and add a splash of water. Fry on low heat for around 3-4 mins. till oil separates.
– Now add the Cashew paste, readymade Tomato purée/paste, Kashmiri Chilli Powder and the sliced Green chillies. Give a mix and cook on low heat for around 5-6 mins till oil separates.
– Add 150-200 ml water, give a mix and cover and cook on low heat for around 15 mins till chicken is tender.
– Now remove the lid and add dry roasted and powdered Kasuri Methi and balance julienned ginger.
– Give a mix and simmer for around 2-3 mins.
– Lastly garnish with some more julienned ginger and sliced Green chillies.
– Serve with roti or rice.