Fried bread triangles: cheesy and delicious!
12 slices sandwich bread
120g (2 cups) breadcrumbs
30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ white onion, chopped
1 potato, cut into small cubes
½ carrot, cut into small cubes
½ tbsp bouillon powder
2 leeks, sliced
Salt and pepper
150g (1 cup) mozzarella, shredded
1. Cut the crust of sandwich bread slices and roll them out. Trim the edges to make a square.
2. In a medium pan, heat some vegetable oil and cook potatoes, carrots, and onion together for 10 minutes. Season with salt and bouillon. Add scallions and garlic. Stir well.
3. Brush two edges of the bread slice with some water and pinch them together forming a pocket.
4. Fill the pocket with cheese and vegetables. Brush the free edge of the bread slice with some more water and pinch it covering the filling.
5. Dir bread triangles in whisked egg and cover with breadcrumbs. Freeze for 10 minutes.
6. Cook in preheated oil for 5 minutes or until golden.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Enjoy with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
For any content use please feel free to contact
Cookist wow’s second cookbook is here! 😍
Buy it on Amazon to discover the 50 easiest and most delicious recipes ever + 16 exclusive recipes you can’t miss out on 👉 https://cooki.st/togetherisbetter