Preheat your oven to 190°C (fan assisted)
Grease the madeleines tray
100g caster or granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
zest of half lemon
115g plain flour or all purpose flour
1/2 heaped tsp baking powder
115g melted and cooled unsalted butter ( plus extra for greasing the madeleines tray)
- Put caster sugar and eggs in the bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add honey, vanilla extract and zezt then give it a quick mix.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt then fold together.
- Add butter little at a time and stir it well in each addition. Cover then put in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Take it out from the fridge and give the batter a quick mix then scoop about a spoonful and put into your madeleines tray and bake for 7minutes.
- When its cooked move to wire rack and dust with icing sugar.