It has a texture that is halfway between a soufflé cake and regular castella.
It is moist and fluffy, and it is really delicious.
Soufflé cake cracks easily and is difficult to make prettily, but
Souffle Castella does not crack easily and anyone can make it pretty.
It is an easy cake that cannot fail if you keep the temperature and meringue well.
*** Weighing is scale (g), rice spoon (tbsp), and teaspoon (tsp).
[20cm square cake mold]
- 6 medium-sized eggs (350g)
- 90g soft flour
- 90g milk
- 90g butter
- 95g sugar
- 1g (2pinches) salt
- 3g (6~7 drops) Vanilla Essence
✤ Decoration (optional)
- Chocolate pen
- It feels very sweet for 1-2 hours after baking, but after a few hours, the sweetness decreases by half.
(If you eat it all within a few hours after baking, you can reduce the sugar by 30g, but
If you store it longer and then eat it, do not reduce the sugar. It tastes bland.)
- Can be refrigerated and thaw at room temperature before eating.
- Butter and milk can be melted in the microwave.
(However, use it after cooling it to a warm level, not hot)
- The cake needs to be cooled down for about 15 minutes before cutting so that the cross section is neatly cut.
- You can do it in the air fryer without an oven.