Fish Gravy With Coconut Milk | Boneless Fish Gravy | Fish Curry Recipe | Fish Curry in Coconut Gravy | Fish Curry in Coconut Milk Recipe | Fish Curry with Coconut Milk | Fish in Coconut Sauce | Fish Curry | Fish Recipe | Fish Curry by Spice Eats
Ingredients for Boneless Fish Gravy:
Boneless fish fillets – 500 gms (Basa, Cod, Haddock,Sole or Catfish)
For the Tempering:
– Mustard Seeds- 3/4 tsp
– Cumin Seeds- 3/4 tsp
– Fennel Seeds- 1/2 tsp
– Curry Leaves-15-20 nos
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
– Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Onions, chopped- 2 medium (150 gms)
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Red Tomatoes sliced- 2 small (120 gms)
– Green Chillies, slit- 3-4
– Tamarind Juice- 4 tbsp
– Thick Coconut Milk- 1 cup (200 ml)
– Refined oil- 3-4 tbsp
– Wash and cut the boneless fish fillets into 2 inch pieces.
– Chop the onions, slice the tomatoes and slit the green chillies.
– As for the coconut milk, you can use readymade or make fresh coconut milk after grinding coconut flesh with water and extracting the milk.
– Heat oil in a pan and first add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
– Give a stir and then add the chopped onions. Also add 1/2 tsp salt.
– Fry on medium heat for 10 mins till light brown in colour.
– Now add the ginger garlic paste, mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the sliced tomatoes, mix and fry on medium heat for 1 min.
– Now add all the spice powders, 1/2 tsp salt & the tamarind juice. Give a mix and cook on medium to low heat for 5 mins till the tomatoes are completely mashed, spices are cooked and oil separates.
– Now add the coconut milk and 250 ml water and cook for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Now add the fish pieces, give a gentle stir and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins. Season with salt if required.
– Allow it to rest for 30 mins before serving.
– Serve it with white rice.
#coconutfishcurry #fishgravy #fishcurryrecipe #fishrecipe #fishcurry #fishincoconutmilk #bonelessfishrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsfishcurry