The only way to eat mashed potato = this EPIC CAKE 😱🥮🥔
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
6 extra large potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ tsp salt
4 tbsp KNORR Brown Onion Soup
6 tbsp milk
3 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp chopped chives
1½ cups raw bacon, fried
1½ cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 20cm springform cake tin with butter. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs in the base of the tin and move it around so that the breadcrumbs cover the sides of the tin as well.
2. In a medium-sized pot, boil the cubed potatoes with ½ teaspoon salt until soft. Drain well and add to a large bowl before mashing until smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine the KNORR Brown Onion Soup with the milk and mix until a smooth paste forms.
4. Add the butter, brown onion paste, garlic, chives, bacon bits, 1 cup of cheese and the eggs to the mashed potato mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Scoop the mixture into the springform tin and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper. Bake the potato cake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted and the top is slightly crispy.
6. Allow the potato cake to cool slightly in its tin, about 5 minutes. Remove from the tin, place on a serving dish and scatter over chopped chives and crispy bacon bites. Cut the cake into slices, serve alongside a festive meal and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/