1 medium eggplant;
2 garlic cloves;
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil;
50 g (½ cup) parmesan;
2 sprigs basil;
60 g (1 cup) breadcrumbs;
6 cubes mozzarella;
240 ml (1 cup) tomato sauce.
1. Cut eggplants into cubes. Transfer eggplant cubes in a large pan with olive oil and a whole garlic clove, season with salt, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. When the eggplant cubes have cooled down, mix them with egg, 1 chopped basil sprig, breadcrumbs, and parmesan.
3. Take some eggplant mixture and flatten it on your palm. Place a cube of mozzarella and add some more eggplant mixture on top. Make sure to cover the cheese completely, then roll the mixture into a ball.
4. Cook eggplant balls over medium heat with some olive oil, for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
5. Meanwhile, cook together 1 basil sprig, 1 garlic clove, and tomato sauce for 10 minutes over the low heat. Remove basil and garlic and serve some sauce on top of each eggplant ball.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Enjoy with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
For any content use please feel free to contact
Cookist’s cookbook with our 50 best recipes is finally here!
Buy it on Amazon: https://cooki.st/ourCookbook