Egg Korma Recipe | How to Make Egg Korma | Simple Egg Korma Recipe | Egg Korma | Egg Korma Curry | Egg Masala Curry | Egg Gravy | Egg Curry | Egg Masala | Spice Eats Egg Curry
Ingredients for Egg Korma:
– Boiled Eggs-6 nos.
– Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
– Green Cardamoms- 5
– Cloves- 5
– Cinnamon- 2 pieces
– Bay leaves- 2 (cut)
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
– Onions, thinly sliced- 2 medium (150 gms)
– Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 4 tbsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Cashew paste- 12 cashews
– Green Chillies sliced- 4
– Refined Oil- 3-4 tbsp
– Coriander leaves, chopped- 4 tbsp
– Boil and shell the eggs. Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok/kadhai & add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Give a stir and add the boiled eggs.
– Keep stirring on low heat for 2-3 mins till the eggs are golden in colour. Take out the fried eggs and set aside on a plate.
(DO NOT USE THIS OIL FOR MAKING THE GRAVY. THE COLOR OF THE GRAVY WILL CHANGE)
– Make a paste of the cashew nuts. To make cashew paste, add the whole cashews into a grinder/blender and coarse grind into a fine powder. Add 3 tbsp water and blend into a smooth paste. Set aside for use later.
– Fine slice the onions, slice the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves for use later.
– Whisk the curd/plain yogurt till smooth.
– Heat fresh oil in a wok or kadhai.
– Add the cumin seeds and when it splutters, add the whole green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon. Let these splutter and add the bay leaves.
– Give a mix and add the sliced onions. Give a stir and then add 1/2 tsp salt.
– Fry the onions on medium heat for 10-12 mins till high brown in color.
– Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 1-2 mins.
– Add 50 ml water and keep cooking on medium heat for 3-4 mins till the onions are soft and form a gravy.
– Now add the cashew paste and keep frying on medium heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Reduce heat to low and add all the spice powders and 1/2 tsp salt.
– Also add 4 tbsp water, give a mix and keep frying on medium heat for 2 mins.
– Add the sliced green chillies and keep frying for another 2 mins on low heat till oil separates.
– Now reduce heat to low (or just switch off heat to avoid curdling) and add the whisked curd/yogurt. Keep stirring on low heat for 2-3 mins till it’s cooked and oil separates.
– ( in case you switched off heat, give a stir for around 1 min till the whisked curd/yogurt is mixed completely and then switch on heat on low. Continue stirring on low heat for another 2 mins in this case.)
– Add 250 ml water, give a stir and cook covered on low heat for 5-7 mins till the gravy is cooked and oil separates.
– Now add the boiled & fried eggs to the gravy after making 2 cuts, one on each side. Mix and add another 100 ml water, give a stir.
– Cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins
– Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and simmer for 2 mins on low heat.
– Serve with rice, roti or naan.
#eggkorma #eggkormarecipe #egggravy #eggmasalacurry #eggmasalagravy #eggcurry #eggmasala #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatseggcurry