Make an easy egg-in-a-hole breakfast with a twist! What’s the twist? Our easy egg-in-a-hole breakfast burgers have an eggy center inside a burger patty, topped with cheese and sandwiched between a fresh burger bun before toasting in the oven! These breakfast burgers make an easy breakfast idea and they’re perfect for breakfast-for-dinner too! These egg and cheese burgers will feed the family in minutes and is an easy weekend breakfast idea when you have more time to prep an eggstraordinary breakfast. Give our egg-in-a-hole breakfast burgers recipe a try for an easy breakfast idea.
🛎 SUBSCRIBE to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe!
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
1 pack (6 buns) SASKO Low-GI All-In-One White Buns
¼ cup butter
6 store-bought burger patties, thawed
6 large eggs
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season (optional)
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20X30cm baking tray with baking paper.
2. Remove the pre-sliced 6 SASKO Low-GI All-In-One White Buns from the pack. Butter the buns and line the baking tray with the bottom halves of the buns, placing them side-by-side with the inside facing upwards.
3. Using a 5cm round cookie cutter, cut out the center of each burger patty to create a doughnut-like shape. *Chef’s Tip: Fry the cut out centers and store in the fridge for the next day’s breakfast!
4. In a large pan over a medium-high heat, add in the remaining butter and allow it to melt. Add the burger patties and cook for 5 minutes before flipping over.
5. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each burger patty, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 more minutes or until the egg whites are just set. Season to taste with salt and pepper (optional).
6. Using a spatula, transfer each individual egg-filled burger patty and place them onto the bottom halves of the buns.
7. Generously, sprinkle the cheese over the burger patties, cover with the remaining burger buns and bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the buns are toasted to a golden brown finish. Allow to cool slightly.
8. Garnish with fresh parsley, serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉🏼 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#shorts #easybreakfastrecipe #hamburgerrecipe