Need an easy chicken recipe idea? This tasty chicken dinner recipe combines cheese and chicken-mayo in the easiest way! #LifeHack: It comes to life with the EASIEST 2 ingredient dough recipe ever; self-raising flour and yoghurt, transformed into a giant pizza pinwheel, filled with chicken-mayo and cheese and baked to perfection. This is also super versatile to serve as an easy crowd-pleasing recipe, or slice up for an easy lunchbox idea! It’s too easy to NOT give it a try 😊
🛎 SUBSCRIBE to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe!
For the dough:
3 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
2 cups double cream plain yoghurt
½ tsp salt
For the filling:
⅔ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp KNORROX Chicken Spice
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
4 tbsp chopped chives
½ red pepper, finely diced
For the dough:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a 20cm springform cake tin and a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour, yoghurt and salt together and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
3. Lightly flour the counter and turn the dough out onto the counter, kneading it with your hands for 8 minutes, until smooth. *Chef’s Tip: Dust your hands in flour so that the dough does not stick to your hands!
4. Once a smooth ball is formed, roll the dough out into a large rectangle (25cm x 35cm, 3-5mm thick) and transfer it to a large cutting board lined with baking paper. With a pizza cutter or a very sharp, serrated knife, slice the dough into 4 long strips. *Chef’s Tip: Cut through the baking paper to assist you when rolling.
5. Transfer the strips to the lined baking tray and place the tray in the oven. Par-bake the strips of dough for 5 minutes and cover them with a damp dishtowel as soon as they come out of the oven. *Chef’s Tip: Covering the strips keeps them soft!
For the filling:
6. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the KNORROX Chicken Spice and stir until combined. Add in the shredded chicken, chives and pepper and stir until everything is covered in the sauce.
7. Divide the chicken-mayo mixture evenly over each strip of dough so that it covers the base of the dough.
8. Divide ¾ of the cheese evenly over the chicken-mayo filling.
9. Using the baking paper to assist, roll one slice of the dough tightly into a cinnamon roll type-shape, removing the baking paper as you roll. While rolling, check to ensure that the filling stays inside of the dough and does not mess over the edges. Roll the next strip around this and continue with the rest of the strips until a large cinnamon roll type-shape is formed.
10. Carefully place the pinwheel into the cake tin and sprinkle the reserved cheese evenly over top.
11. Cover the baking tin with tin foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil and place the baking tin back in the oven for 10 more minutes until golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
12. Remove the chicken-mayo pinwheel from the cake tin by releasing the sides of the tin and sliding the pinwheel out onto a serving plate. Serve a generous slice alongside a salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/