Watch this video to find out how to make a classic pecan pie, using a quick and easy recipe! Pecan pies are often found on the shelves in shops, but they are super easy homemade sweet treats for a crowd 🙌🏽 This pecan pie recipe uses majority pantry staples and the end product is DELICIOUS!
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
⅔ cup (150g) Flora Plant BUTTER™️, cubed
300g shortbread biscuits
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup (80g) raw pecan nuts
½ tsp coarse salt
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spread 1 tablespoon of Flora Plant BUTTER™️ onto a small square of baking paper. Use this to grease the insides of a 12-hole muffin tray. *Chef’s Tip: Instead of baking paper, tear off a piece of the Flora Plant BUTTER™️ packaging and use it to grease the tray.
2. Place the biscuits in a resealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them until finely ground.
3. Add 6 tablespoons of Flora Plant BUTTER™️ to a mixing bowl and melt it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in the biscuit crumbs.
4. Divide the crumb mixture between the muffin holes and use your fingers to press it tightly to form a crust in each. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
5. Using an electric hand mixer, cream the remaining 3½ tablespoons of Flora Plant BUTTER™️ and sugar together for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
6. Add the eggs, one by one, and beat until fully incorporated.
7. Beat in the golden syrup and vanilla essence until smooth.
8. Remove the muffin tray from the fridge and divide the mixture evenly between the muffin holes.
9. Place a few pecan nuts onto each pie.
10. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the sides and tops are golden and the filling has set.
11. Sprinkle coarse salt over each pie to garnish.
12. Leave the tarts in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉🏼 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa