Learn how to make the easiest chocolate chip cookies with our double choc-chip cookie recipe! We made a simple cookie dough and folded in two of our favourite chocolates for the easiest chocolate-chip cookies and baked them. These chocolate chip cookies make an easy sweet snack idea, is a great kid’s treat, perfect for kid’s party snacks, makes easy bakesale treats and lunchbox idea too! The best part about these choc-chip cookies is that they’re easy prep-ahead, freezer cookies that can be baked whenever you need them. Go ahead, give this classic choc-chip cookies recipe a try, we promise it’s worth every bite 🍪🍫
🛎 SUBSCRIBE to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe!
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1 cup (250g) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1 slab (150g each) Cadbury Dairy Milk Roast Almond
2 (48,5g each) Cadbury 5Star Chocolates
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream the butter and both sugars together until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla essence and beat until combined.
3. Sieve the self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the creamed butter mixture and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
4. On a chopping board, chop the Cadbury Dairy Milk Roast Almond slab and the Cadbury 5Star chocolates into smaller pieces. Add the chocolate to the cookie dough mixture and using a spatula, mix until well dispersed.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of cookie dough in the palm of your hand and roll to make a ball. Place the ball on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough, ensuring to leave a 3cm space between each one. *Chef’s Tip: Leaving space between the cookies allow them to bake and spread evenly!
6. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until they just turn golden. The cookies will still be soft and will only firm up once cooled.
7. Allow the cookies to set for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Serve the cookies alongside milk to dip and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store the cookies in an airtight jar for up to a week!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉🏼 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa