The perfect cookie recipe that you’ll come back to time & time again, full of chocolatey oozy goodness! x
Time: 30 minutes
150g granulated sugar
100g light brown sugar
425g plain flour
1 tsp + 1 tbsp sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bread soda
2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
100g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Beat the butter with the sugars in a free standing mixer on a high speed until light and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
2. Stir the flour, 1 tsp salt, baking powder, bread soda together in a medium sized bowl. Add a little flour mix to the butter mixture, slowly incorporate the eggs. Reduce the speed to low and add the rest of the flour mixture along with the hazelnuts and chocolate.
3. Divide the mixture in 10 and roll into balls, arranging on a tray lined with parchment paper as you go. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until hard.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 .
5. Line another tray with parchment paper and add the dough balls to this, with a sprinkle of the remaining salt, making sure they’ve enough space to expand between each cookie. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until risen and golden.
6. Leave to cool on the tray for about 5 minutes before serving.